Adult fare concessions apply if you are aged 70 or over, or have been classified as a War Widow by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Concessions also apply if you hold one of the following:
- Health Care Card (concession applies to the primary cardholder only).
- Health Benefit Card (concession applies to the primary cardholder only).
- Seniors Card (issued by an Australian State or Territory Government).
- Pensioner Concession Card (concession applies to the primary card holder only).
- An adult Concession Bus Token issued by a recognised employment agency or authorised supplier.
- Full-time student with proof of enrolment in a senior secondary college, TasTafe, university, Tasmanian Academy or skills institute (adult concession applies from the start of the year in which the card holder turns 19).
- Tasmanian Concession Card (issued by the Tasmanian Government).
- Evidence of Immigration Status Card or Residence Determination Immicard (issued by the Department of Home Affairs).
You must present proof of your entitlement when you buy a concession fare.
Children under 16 years of age are eligible to travel at student/child fares. Senior secondary and tertiary students up to, and including the year of their 18th birthday* are also eligible to travel at the student/child fare.
*Full-time students up to, and including the year in which they turn 18 attending the University of Tasmania, Australian Maritime College, Australian Technical College, Tasmanian Polytechnic, Tasmanian Academy or Skills Institute.
Day tripper ticket: unlimited urban travel after 9.00 am.
You must present a current student ID card when you buy a student/child fare.