Position: General Manager
A newly created opportunity is now available for an experienced General Manager to join a successful Tasmanian bus business, Merseylink, in their Devonport location.
Merseylink bus company, owned by Grant and Jan Bingley, serves the transport needs of the Devonport region. Merseylink has grown to a current fleet of 80 buses, the Torquay Ferry and has approximately 90 employees. Merseylink manages other sister companies such as Westbus in the Meander Valley and Cradle Mountain Coaches. Core areas of business are school bus services, intra-city route bus services, general access services to Ulverstone and Port Sorell and school charter work across northern Tasmania.
Due to recent growth, this position has become available for an exceptional candidate who will utilise their wealth of skills and experience to develop and lead the organisation in both operations and strategy. Reporting to the Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for guiding the business performance in a positive direction. The position will work alongside the Directors to identify operational performance measures and focus the business towards growth, profitability and increasing shareholder return.
The ideal candidate will possess cultural awareness, be respectful, honest and trustworthy. You will have high level management experience with a strong financial acumen and ability to build on a positive culture at a strategic level.
- To be successful in this role, demonstrated skills and experience in the following areas are required;
- Proven high level performance in relation to Human Resources
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Capacity to manage conflict in a constructive manner and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Willingness to be adaptive and work within a multi-skilled environment
- Knowledge of or the ability to gain understanding of compliance with current road traffic laws, regulations relating to driving heavy vehicles/commercial passenger vehicles
- Excellent organisational and motivational skills
- High level communication and negotiation skills
- Highly developed computer skills including experience in Xero accounting software or equivalent and the Microsoft Office suite
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package; including a vehicle, phone and the ability to earn incentives.
For further information relating to the position please contact Jan Bingley on 03 6427 7626 for a confidential discussion. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post to PO Box 63E, East Devonport 7310. Your application should include an updated resume and cover letter outlining your experience applicable to this role.
Applications close 5pm Friday 28th July 2017.